Steampunk Girl

Happy Monday, Whimsy fans!
Ellie here today, my turn to share a creation with you! You might have already seen this if you hopped along with us last week, it was my first blog hop card.
Although steampunk isn't really my thing, this image was so much fun to color and work with! And I have to admit, I am very happy how my card turned out!

I  used copic colors for coloring. It was my first time coloring black/gray hair. I did use a blue copic along with gray tones, to give the hair a blue undertone. My main colors were going to be black, red and white, but then when playing around with the card design, I decided to bring in more blue. 
The little squares were stamped using an ancient SU stamp. You could easily use a small inked acrylic block for this too, or simply make your own square stamp with crafting foam. 
The clock designs were done using a stencil. Sorry I don't know the company of the stencil, as I removed it from the packaging. Sentiments and stitched border are from Whimsy's new set "Sew Special". The dotted border is washi tape from Joann's. I used the new button dies to cut out the button to add to my card. Finished it off by adding some glitter and sewed the edges.


You can find the Whimsy products here:

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Have a great day!

1 comment

  1. Awesome coloring Ellie! Love this image and your card is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team