Special Guest Post - Heidi sharing Hope




Hi everyone, Heidi here: I hope you’re all doing well!

Today I have a project for you that is not a card:
every month this whole year I will decorate a different page on a birthday calendar to hang in my craft space so that I know when my handmade cards need to be ready and also to create a beautiful art piece to hang on the wall. The calendar I have chosen to work on has a different color scheme on every page and these are the colors I’ll try incorporate further in that month’s page.

The cute fairy stamp I used for the February page is called “Hope”, from the new and gorgeous February 2017 Whimsy Stamps release. I stamped her on Strathmore Bristol Smooth Surface paper with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (like I always do when I plan on using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and my Pentel Waterbrush). 


Since I’m struggling to get the hair-part on these sort of images right, when using these markers, I thought I would try a different approach with this project. If you would like to know more about how I colored the hair and what exact colors I used for this project then you can go over to my website for more details:

3 comments

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team